- Making library services available for all Pennsylvania citizens
- Strengthening state-supported library services and leveraging greater local and private support
- Having an integrated library system that will not only lower local costs, but improve resource-sharing for citizens
- Providing more databases at a lower cost and a better statewide delivery system
- Bolstering the recognized link between library service and workforce development
- Raising the profile and importance of libraries and librarians
PA Forward will promote and benefit all libraries. For academic libraries, the campaign will strengthen the public’s perception that academic institutions provide great benefits to their local communities by sharing resources and services with the community as well as students and faculty. For school libraries, PA Forward will reinforce what experience tells us – that students in schools with strong libraries learn more, get better grades, and achieve higher test scores than their peers without libraries.
For public libraries, PA Forward will position them as essential to a growing customer base of private and municipal organizations and individuals. It will also position them as high-quality early learning providers that ultimately save taxpayer dollars otherwise needed for remedial programs.